Adventure Begins Here!
Whether you’re a thrill-seeker or want a relaxing trail walk, we have you covered. We offer events all year round with discounted prices you won’t find anywhere else.
Archery targets and equipment are available for rent at Dyess ODR. Enjoy individual play, family fun, or have a squadron party!
Our large paintball field is loaded with old military vehicles, trailers, small buildings, and obstacles for all skill levels. We have a sheltered “safe area” with picnic tables for spectators. Great for dorm, group fun, squadron parties, and fundraisers!
Our climbing boulder is located at 398 Ave C, Dyess AFB, TX 79607, near the Dyess Lanes parking lot. Climb at your own risk. Must be at least 12 years old to climb & spotters are highly recommended.
The batting cages are located in between the Hangar Center and the Fitness Center’s outdoor track.
The fishing pond is located east of FAMCAMP, near the 7th Medical Group. You must have a valid Texas Fishing license in your possession, coupled with a base fishing permit to fish on Dyess AFB. Fishing permits are available at ODR.
Rules & Regulations
- Participants will need to sign ODR Hold Harmless Agreement waiver prior to each event.
- All trips leave from ODR unless specified.
- Appropriate attire must be worn for each trip.
- Fishing license must be up to date.
- Fishing regulations and license requirements can be found at https://tpwd.texas.gov
Hunting (Doves, Ducks, Geese and Cranes)
- Check before you go! ODR is not responsible for any tickets and/or fines customers may receive for not having the proper licenses, endorsements, stamps, or equipment.
- Must have:
- Valid Texas Hunting License
- Migratory Game Bird Endorsement
- HIP Certification
- Sandhill Crane Endorsement (free at TPWD located 5325 N 3rd St, Abilene, TX 79603)
- All hunting regulations and license requirements can be found at https://tpwd.texas.gov
Recharge for Resiliency (R4R) Discounts:
Active Duty and Reservists are eligible for discounted program prices through the three programs offered through the Recharge for Resiliency (R4R) Program:
- Single Airman Programs (SAPI): Open to unmarried (single) Air Force Active Duty members, reservists, and one guest
- RecOn Programs: Air Force Active Duty, reservists, and their immediate family members
- Deployed Affected Programs (DAP): Open to Air Force Active Duty & their immediate family – for a spouse & one guest while deployed